Added on: June 15, 2016
Last updated: October 19, 2016
The Synthetic Biology Club promotes cross department support for the responsible use of synthetic biology at the UC Davis by creating an easy to access forum allowing students and faculty to research, build, and prototype new biological systems.
The SBC will pursue this mission by engaging in the following activities :
• Sponsoring topical speaker events at Club meetings that focus on the science, economics, and ethics of Synthetic Biology.
• Promotion and fund raising support for UC Davis participation in iGEM.
• Maintenance of a web site for Club collaboration and promotion of Synthetic Biology
• Actively recruit Club members from a variety of majors and thereby emphasize the multi-disciplinary nature of Synthetic Biology
• Sponsoring laboratory and simulation projects by club members
Advisor: Professor Facciotti
Copyright UC Davis 2017